About the course
This course is a great implement for those who want to broaden their knowledge of character design. We’ll be working with different techniques that will help us to boost our creativity and also to learn everything we need in case we were asked to develop character’s personalities in a real case. To do so, we’ll explore and focus on creativity development by making the most of the different ideas that we may come up with.
What project are we going to develop?
We’ll be creating a group of characters based on a previous brainstorming session. This group will consist of some school friends and teachers to whom we’ll be applying some references. We’ll be inspired by the shape and appearance of some fruit and veggies to add and create the different personalities they may have regarding the characteristics they present.
What you'll learn
- Developing your creativity by using your imagination to create characters based on inanimate objects.
- Creating a composition that will be added to your portfolio and will look great.
- Choosing different colors according to the lighting effects and a fixed color palette.
- Conceps about characters based on fruits or other elements.
- Giving personality according to an object’s appearance.
Who is this course for? Requirements
This course is for those students eager to go into detail about characters’ design and who are willing to face a new challenge and able to step into a more advanced level within character design.
For this course, you'll need:
- Drawing tablet or notebook
- Digital drawing software, like Photoshop
- Basic notions of drawing