About this course
On this course, I'll show you the step by step process for designing props for your own personal storybook. Using the storyboards and layouts from an earlier course also available on Tutpad, I'll pick certain props and give a demo showing my exploration process and technique to create a universe that my characters will live in. I'll show you how to research images on the internet to enhance your drawings, as well as how to create a finished concept to use as a style guide reference for your book.
What project are we going to develop?
In this video course, I'll focus on concept and style. I'll share my step by step process for painting a fir tree and Bear House from a rough sketch to a finished color concept design. I'll discuss the importance of using reference images during this process, and how to design different trees depending on the target audience and age group. The younger the age, the simpler the shapes.
In this class you'll learn:
- How to research image references from online
- How to draw for different age groups
- How to paint from a rough sketch to a finished design
- How to paint and explore different styles
- How to create a reference sheet for you to use during your storybook creation
Who’s this course for?
This course is for intermediate-level Photoshop users that have a good knowledge of the tools and functions, and a basic knowledge of drawing and illustration.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Wacom Cintiq or any drawing tablet
- Pen Pressure sensitivity
- Internet for image research and reference
Table of contents