About the course
You’ll learn to draw major Arcana but with a funny twist, basing yourselves on the Tarot of Marseilles style to create your cards with a unique touch. We’ll be talking about what tarot is, which Arcana you can pick, and how to create your cards step by step.
What project are we going to develop?
We’ll be creating three cards based on tarot’s major Arcana and with a cat theme. We’ll be also learning about cats’ anatomy and how to adapt this theme to the tarot style.
What you'll learn:
- Definition of tarot and major Arcana
- How to look for a topic that can be applied to your customized tarot deck
- Adding a personal touch to the graphic style of Tarot of Marseilles
- Basic anatomy and geometric structure of cats
- Drawing and developing three cards
Who is this course for?
This course is for people with basic notions of Adobe Photoshop, who know how to use the basic brush tools and want to learn to create cards with a tarot theme or any other topic. It’s also possible to work in a traditional way from home, that is with a piece of paper, a pencil, and colors, if and when you master the traditional tools and know how to use them.
- Adobe Photoshop
- Wacom Cintiq or any graphic tablet
- Pressure sensitivity