About this course
In this illustration course, we're going to learn how to depict an era of the past by means of costume design. In my case, I've chosen the Victorian era, so my references will be based on styles and trends of the 19th century. I'll teach you how to make a detailed study with references: photos, illustrations and the work of other artists. It will be a good way to get inspired.
What project are we going to develop?
We'll create different sketches to analyze the costumes, hairstyles and all the details that defined the fashion of that era. This way, we'll be able to do our final project: developing our own Victorian-era character. We'll apply many Photoshop effects to them so that we can achieve the esthetics we want.
What you'll learn
- Study references from a specific era
- Develop sketches based on a given esthetic
- Design hairstyles and costumes inspired by the 19th century
- Choose a composition
- Create complex designs with symmetry
- Apply textures and give your personal touch
Who is this course for? Requirements
This course is for everyone who wants to know more about illustration and wishes to develop their own concept based on a historic era. You'll need the following:
- Graphics tablet
- Digital drawing software, preferably Photoshop