FREEPIK COMPANY, S. L. is the owner and, therefore, responsible for the projects indicated below, including any of their subdomains or sections (hereinafter, “Website” as corresponds):
- www.freepik.com and www.freepik.es
- www.flaticon.com and www.flaticon.es
- www.tutpad.com and www.tutpad.es
This legal text applies to the information we collect from you when you visit our Website, as in the following cases: user registration, using any of our services, collaboration, subscription to our newsletters or personal information provided when filling in online forms.
PERSONAL DATA PROCESSING
The following sections address the collection and processing of Users’ personal information through any of the projects run by Freepik Company, including any of their subdomains and sections.
1. Data Controller
FREEPIK COMPANY, S.L, as data controller, is responsible for the processing of Users’ personal information on the Website: FREEPIK COMPANY, S.L.
2. Data Protection Officer
Espacio Legal Asesores Jurídicos y Financieros, S. L.
3. Data We Collect
According to the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR, 679/2016/UE), personal data refers to any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (User), that is, any information which can identify a natural person. Therefore, it is not applicable to anonymous data.
Freepik Company collects different types of personal data, which include:
- Profile Data: username and password, profile settings (bookmarks, follows, downloads, type of subscription, etc.), comments, responses to surveys and additional or optional information such as links to social networks, profession, city and website.
- Identity Data: first name and last name and government-issued identification number.
- Contact Data: email address, telephone number and postal address.
- Payment Data: payment and billing information, depending on the payment method selected by the User, as well as other details related to information about the purchased services or subscriptions.
- Technical Data: login information, language, Internet Protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone settings, operating system, browser plug-in types and versions and other technical data used by the User when visiting the Website.
- Usage Data: information about how the User uses the Website, products and services.
- Marketing and Communications Data: User’s preferences regarding marketing communications from Freepik Company and information about enabling and disabling notifications.
- Data collected from Google apps – Google Docs: information collected from the searches made by the User on the Website without logging in, that is, by an anonymous user. We do not keep any personal data derived from these interactions.
Freepik Company does not collect any personal data related to sensitive categories (racial or ethnic origin, political opinion, religious or philosophic beliefs, membership in a union, health information and genetic or biometric data).
In case the User is asked to provide personal data, by law or by contract terms, and chooses not to provide them, we may not be able to carry out the contract nor provide them with the service. If this is the case, the User will be notified in advance.
Freepik Company does not collect the age nor the date of birth of their Users. Consequently, a specific data treatment for minors has not been established. Freepik Company is exclusively targeted to users of legal age.
4. How We Collect Data
Freepik Company collects data through different interactions, which include:
1. Browsing and using the Website:
Generally, Users navigate our Website anonymously without revealing any personal data to Freepik Company.
2. User registration, subscription to Premium services or subscription to newsletters:User Registration:
When a User registers on our Website or subscribes to our informative newsletter, Freepik Company stores data to develop the Website, provide the service (free or premium) and offer certain features and options related to the service itself. We also use this data to send information, offers, promotional communications and news about the Services offered by Freepik Company, sponsors or third-parties, which provide services and products within the creative sector through newsletters or any other communication method (including e-mail and phone number). The User can choose not to receive this information at any moment through the user account or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
When a User purchases any of the Premium services, they will be asked to provide additional data such as first name, last name, number of ID card (identity data) and payment and billing data (financial data), so that we can process and perform the services requested by the User.
Payment and billing data, which depend on the payment method selected by the User, will be sent directly to the corresponding external payment service provider which is in charge of processing the payment.
3. Requests for information about products, services or publications, and requests for Website’s support services:“Contact” and “Support” Forms:
Any information received by Freepik Company will be stored in a file of Freepik Company and will be used merely to respond to inquiries, suggestions or complaints sent by the Website’s Users. This information include data collected from Contact forms, from the section ‘Can we help you?’, from satisfaction surveys as well as other information received via these two email addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
4.Information provided through job and collaboration offers:“Jobs” and “Join Us” Forms:
Any information provided to Freepik Company through the ‘Jobs” and “Join Us” forms available on the Website, will be stored in a file belonging to Freepik Company and it will be only used to manage internal recruitment processes.
Furthermore, if the individual enters our internal recruitment process further to their application being accepted, we will request and collect all the necessary information as it is established by the Spanish labor and tax legislation.“We’re Hiring” Form:
Any information provided to Freepik Company requesting for collaboration with any of their projects (Freepik, Flaticon, Tutpad or Piktab), will be stored in a file belonging to Freppik Company and it will be only used to manage recruitment processes of external collaborators.
Furthermore, if the individual enters our internal recruitment process further to their application being accepted, we will request and collect all the necessary information as it is established by the Spanish labor and tax legislation.
5.Information provided when using Google Extensions – Google Docs
5. Our Purpose and Legal Basis of Data We Collect
We mainly use personal data of our Website’s Users in the following cases:
- To create and manage User accounts
- When the User agrees that their personal data can be collected
- To provide Premium Services
- To enter into a collaboration contract
- Whenever it is required in compliance with legal obligations
- Whenever it is necessary to ensure the legitimate interest of Freepik Company or third parties
The User can withdraw their consent at any time by modifying the settings on the User Account or by consulting the section on the exercise of rights below.
A summary table is provided below to show the different ways in which personal data can be used and the legal basis to process this information.
|COLLECTION OF DATA||TYPES OF DATA||PURPOSE||LEGAL BASIS TO PROCESS DATA|
||Personal data is not collected|
||Using and providing free Service|
|Providing Premium Servicies||
||Using and providing Premium Services|
|Request for information and support||Answering inquiries, suggestions, occurrences or claims||User consent|
|Request for employment or collaboration||
||Managing recruitment process||User consent|
Promotional Communications: we will send communications if:
- The User is registered or has accessed any of the Services of the Website
- The User requests for information through any of the forms available on the Website
- The User has not explicitly opted-out of receiving promotional communications
6. How We Keep Data
7. Disclosure of Data
Freepik Company does not transfer nor share collected personal data with third parties external to the company. The information provided will only be used for identifying the User and managing the account on the Website.
Our Website includes plugins which allow the User to carry out actions on social networks of third parties such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or Google+, like, for instance, sending a publication or showing support to the Website. These plugins are indicated with the corresponding social network logotype. If these plugins are accepted, the content will be transferred to the corresponding social network. The User can find information regarding plugins and how they process personal data in the privacy statements of these social networks. If the User does not want their data to be collected by these social networks, they must not accept plugins and must sign out of their account before navigating the Website.
In addition, the Website may include extensions of Google apps, like Google Docs. Please notice that Freepik Company does not collect personal data when using Google apps within the Website nor share it with third parties.
- Service providers, to manage systems and information technology.
- Payment platforms, banks and companies involved in the transaction process, to ensure the fulfillment of the necessary transactions.
- Other possible third parties with which Freepik Company is compelled to share personal data, as permitted or required by law. These include professional advisers such as lawyers, auditors, legal and accounting consultancy services and financial institutions.
Freepik Company, in compliance with User privacy and data protection of Users, will only rely on service providers which adopt enough and proper technical and organizational measures to ensure that data processing complies with the applicable law regarding data protection and guarantee the protection of Users rights.
8. Rights of the User
Freepik guarantees the exercise of rights established in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (hereinafter, GDPR), that will start to be applicable on 25th of May, 2018.
The User can exercise the rights described below in the following ways: logging in the User account by clicking on this link, through the support form available on the Website or by emailing us at email@example.com.
Please note that Freepik Company may require the User to verify their identity before taking action on the request for the exercise of rights.
The User has the following rights:
- Right to Access: The User has the right to obtain from Freepik Company confirmation about whether or not personal data concerning them are being processed and, if that is the case, receive information about it.
- Right to Rectification: The User has the right to request us to correct personal data where it is inaccurate or incorrect. When requesting for rectification, the User must indicate the data to be rectified and provide the correct information. In addition, where necessary, the request must be sent together with supplementary documentation that accounts for the incomplete or inaccurate data.
Right to Erasure: The User has the right to request the erasure of personal data concerning their personal
account. Therefore, individuals can close their User Account at any moment in an easy and straightforward way
by clicking on the following
link (Edit Profile -> Close Account).
When requesting for terminating the account and, therefore, erasing all personal information, the User must note the following:
- Freepik Company may keep and use personal information where it is necessary in compliance with the legal obligations enforced by fiscal obligations and connected to judicial information and auditing.
- If the User sends an erasure request, the personal data will be erased from the safety back-up systems at Freepik when the next back-up is done.
Right to Object: The User has the right to object to the processing of their personal data by Freepik Company
at any time. In some cases, we may continue processing personal information because of legitimate grounds or
for the exercise or defense of possible legal claims.
Please note that when the User requests for terminating with data processing for marketing purposes, the request can be submitted in the following ways:
- By clicking on the “unsubscribe” link that the User can find in our emails.
- By accessing the User Account, clicking on this link. (Go to Edit Profile, and deactivate “Notifications”, then click on “Save changes”).
Right to Restrict Processing: The User has the right to request the restriction of personal data where they
have particular reason for wanting the restrictions.
This right entitles the User to request the restriction of personal data in the following circumstances:
- The accuracy of the personal data is contested by the User, while Freepik Company verifies the accuracy of the personal data.
- The User has objected to processing their data, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the User.
Furthermore, the User has the right to request us to retain their personal data when:
- The processing is unlawful and the User opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests the restriction of their use instead
- Freepik Company no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the User for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- Right to Data Portability: The User has the right to request us a copy of the personal information provided to Freepik Company in a structured form and of common and legible use. The user is also entitled to request that this information be sent to another service provider (where technically possible).
- Right to Withdraw Consent: In the cases in which the User has authorized their data processing, the User has the right to withdraw their consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent can be made effective by changing the settings in their User Account, through the support form available on the Website or by emailing us to firstname.lastname@example.org, indicating specifically the consent they wish to revoke. Please note that revocation of consent does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
The User can access and update their personal information in the settings of the User Account.
The User is responsible for updating their personal information.
9. Data Security
Freepik Company implements strong security controls to safeguard User’s personal information against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration.
10. International Data Transfers
Some external service providers of Freepik Company are outside the European Economic Area (EEA), which implies that the User’s personal information may be transferred to countries outside the European Union.
In order to offer assistance when providing services, Freepik Company works with subprocessors, subcontractors and other content delivery networks.
A sub-processor is an external data processor contracted by Freepik Company, who has been granted access to information (which may be personal) about clients and collaborators and who can process it.
11. Complaint Submission
If you, the User, do not agree with the way Freepik Company processes your personal data, you can contact us by sending an email to email@example.com or by contacting directly to the Spanish Data Protection Agency (Agencia Española de Protección de Datos, AEPD, in Spanish) here www.aepd.es.